* I can touch the screen! If I get stuck, I use the screen to tap and it feels totally natural.
* The trackpad on the touchcover has multi-touch gestures (that’s a mouthful!)
* Keys on the cover don’t move. So there’s no tactile feedback. Typing isn’t all that better than tapping a glass display.
* Can’t see myself using Surface in portrait mode. It’s too long to hold. The form-factor makes it look like a mini-keyboard than a display.
* The much-hyped sound that the kickstand makes when closed (see the Surface keynote) isn’t all that great. Its a feeble click.
* Back of Surface leaves fingerprints (Magnesium clearly isn’t the best choice there).